- Nursery and PP Updated on 16th March 2015
- Primary Grade 1 & 2 - Updated on 5th february 2015
- Grade - 3, 4 and 5 Updated on 5th February 2015
- Middle School Updated on 2nd March 2015
- High School - CBSE Updated on 2nd March 2015
- 2013-14 ACHIEVEMENTS
- International dimension @ Pragathi Updated on 11th November 2014
- Pragathi in News
- Ask Parents
Thursday, 31 October 2013
Team Pragathi has been making conscious efforts in educating children to become socially, morally, economically and environmentally responsible.
Now, with Diwali just around the corner, there’s a lot of excitement in the air! Children for sure do look forward to bursting crackers. However, Pragathi feels greatly responsible in moulding children to become environmentally responsible. Nevertheless, there could be some kids who might feel that Diwali without crackers is dull and boring. Though bursting or not bursting crackers is one’s choice, our appeal is to ask them to go for eco-friendly crackers. Children who completely refrain from bursting crackers will be awarded with certificates as well. Parents need to fill up the format given below and hand it over to the respective class teachers.
Tomorrow students will be given two/three flyers each to distribute to their friends, neighbours or relatives to campaign for the same.
We request parents to accompany the kids on this project. Please do not allow kids to go alone.
Experience an explosion of joy without crackers. Let’s protect the environment.
Say ‘No’ to Crackers. If unable to resist, go for eco-friendly Crackers…
TEAM PRAGATHI WISHES ONE AND ALL A SAFE & HAPPY DIWALI!!!
TIPS TO CELEBRATE A SAFE DIWALI
Our primary instruction is to AVOID CRACKERS. BUT if unavoidable please use eco-friendly ones and maintain the following precautions:
· Burst crackers in large open spaces only.
· Use crackers of low noise level only from a reputed brand.
· Children should always burst crackers under the supervision of adults.
· Use protective glasses while handling any type of fireworks.
· Wear tight cotton clothes while bursting crackers.
· Put cotton in ears to avoid noise pollution.
· Persons with breathing problem should stay indoors with windows and doors closed.
· Do keep some distance while bursting crackers.
· Always keep a bucket of water and sand bags ready near the place where you are bursting crackers.
· Footwear is compulsory while handling fireworks.
In case of any burn injury
· Put potato slices or egg-white on the burnt area for immediate relief.
· Wash the burnt area immediately with fresh water and cool with ice packs or cold water for at least 20minutes.
· Apply antiseptic powder or cream.
· Cover the area with clean sheet or towel.
· Don’t prick blisters.
· Never burn crackers near rubble or anything inflammable.
· Bombs should not be set on fire while holding in hands.
· Don’t remove pieces of burnt flesh or dead tissue.
· Don’t apply ghee, haldi, atta or toothpaste.
· Never burst crackers after 10PM or near a hospital/vehicle.
· Do not burst crackers on staircases or near any entry or exit point
· Keep away from trees and electric wires while bursting crackers
· Avoid eating sweets made of khoya/mewaDO NOT APPLY ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENT IMMEDIATELY AFTER BURN INJURY AS THAT WILL CAUSE GREATER TISSUE DAMAGE.
Tuesday, 22 October 2013
This Saturday (26/10/13) is a Parent-Teacher meeting day. The meeting is scheduled from 9:30 to 11:30am. The Report Cards of the I Summative Assessment will be issued.
Now, with the commencement of the II Term, the school would focus on getting the children of Std I and above, prepared for all assessments only through the TEXT BOOK.
Though the notes will be given to the pupils, all preparation for Class tests, Slip tests, Formative Assessments & II Summative Assessment need to be done from textbooks.
It is imperative to inculcate the habit and seriousness of text book reading as any Public Exam paper will be prepared from textbooks only and not from any school based notebooks.
This further allows the child to understand the concepts rather than to rote learn /memorize word to word from notebooks/class works. Students will be trained on how to read/learn from the textbooks.
Pragathi Circular - Starting from November, 2013 the school will work full day for students of Grades III & above on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays of all the months - Regd
This is to inform you that starting from November, 2013 the school will work full day for students of Grades III & above on the 1st, 3rd and 5th Saturdays of all the months. The 2nd and 4th Saturdays of all months will be holidays for students.
The purpose of this initiative is to inculcate Moral Values, Good habits & Life Skills among children with a very practical approach. Each working Saturday afternoon will be split into two slots with each slot spreading over an hour. There will be 1:15 ratio to make sure the sessions are seriously and effectively executed.
Slot – I - Moral Values and Good habits
Slot – II - Life Skills integrated with English language Skills & Public Speaking
All parents will be kept aware of the themes discussed. Further on, all parents are instructed to spend at least 10 to 15 minutes to discuss the same with the child.
Children will be taught a lot of Moral Values/ good habits and life skill activities which requires them to apply every single day. Parents need to follow-up on the same and in case the child isn’t applying, will have to report to the class teacher through a diary note so as to enable us counsel the child and ensure that the implementation is successful. It’s time the home and school together instil a foundation of values on which our children’s future lives will be built.
Note: No permissions, half-day leaves will be granted.